It’s another busy Friday here on the sports scene in Boston, here are the highlights from today:
1) Being Tom Brady – Ron Borges with a feature on Tom Brady, his love of the game, and what motivates him to succeed.
2) Butch Stearns’ Goodbye – The FOX25 Sports Anchor signs off the station for the final time.
3) Stearns forced to pull up anchor – Chad Finn’s Friday media column focuses on Stearns, who says he is a “casualty of the business model in local television.”
4) This is no time for the Sox to get cheap at shortstop – Ron Chimelis would like to see Alex Gonzalez come back, and put an end to the streak of free agent busts at the position.
5) Matchups to watch in Pats-Colts clash – Tedy Bruschi and Mike Reiss preview Patriots/Colts.
6) Crusaders’ greatest now starring on Web – Bill Doyle’s media column looks at Holy Cross’ redesigned web site, which features a 20 minute interview with HC and Celtics great Bob Cousy, and will interview more greats from the school in the weeks to come.
7) Banta-Cain proving to be more than able in his second stint in New England – Glen Farley looks at the return of the Patriots linebacker, who has been a pleasant surprise after a failed stint in San Francisco.
8 ) Number of storylines to ponder for the Red Sox – John Tomase looks at the major storylines to emerge from the GM Meetings held this week.
9) For Bruins, Desperation Must Become Contagious – Graig Woodburn looks at why the Bruins need to keep playing like a desperate team.
10) Pro-style QB leads Holy Cross revival – Two stories on Holy Cross in the top ten? Dan Shaughnessy plays it straight with a look at HC QB Dominic Randolph, who has a chance to take his game to the NFL.
Also, check out Chris Warner’s Worry Wart column on Patriots Daily, as well as Trading Places, Bonus Edition – A Conversation with ColtsChatter.
For the rest of the sports news today, you can always hit the link sites: